The packaging is composed of the following archives:
The following steps are given in order to help you to install the submarine project.
- submarine-1.0-bin.zip or submarine-1.0-bin.tar.gz: contains the compiled submarine engine and submarine javadoc api.
- submarine-1.0-src.zip or submarine-1.0-src.tar.gz: contains the sources of the submarine project and the expanded javadoc. This package is required only for debugging matters or project participation.
- submarine-tutorial-0.3.zip or submarine-tutorial-0.3.tar.gz: this package contains your first submarine application which is the submarine tutorial. This tutorial is not fully finished but the first lessons gives a lot of clues to start.
- Ensure you have a java JDK 1.3 or greater installed and the system variable JAVA_HOME correctly set.
- Choose and create a directory hosting the submarine engine : lets say c:\submarine or /home/submarine. This will becomes the EAI_HOME directory
- Unzip/Untar the submarine-1.0-bin archive to the EAI_HOME directory.
- Choose and create a directory hosting the submarine tutorial. This directory must not be the same that EAI_HOME. Lets say it is c:\tutorial or /home/tutorial.
- Unzip/Untar the submarine-tutorial-0.3 to the tutorial directory.
- Edit the bin\run.bat file as following. I apology for unix people for not having completed the scripts for unix/linux systems but I guess you will be able to do it by yourself (run.sh, startup.sh, shutdown.sh)
set CLASSPATH=<set here your personal classpath>
if not exist %EAI_CONFIG% cd ..
Congratulation, Submarine is now installed, you can run the startup.bat script under the c:\tutorial\bin directory to start the server. Use the shutdown.bat script in the same directory in order to stop it.
If you need to use the submarine-1.0-src package, you can install it in the EAI_HOME directory.